Every home has kitchen and kitchen sink, like it or not, sooner or later you’re going to struggle with clogs. Don’t wait until the problems get worse. Here are practical tips on how to prevent clogs in the kitchen sinkEnter your text here…
- Don’t ever pour grease or oil on your garbage disposal. Please, do all you can to stop grease from getting into your drains or pipes. The correct way to do it is pouring the used cooking oil or grease into the containers and then throw it into the trash bin. Alternatively, before washing, clean the pans with paper towels first.
- Be gentle on disposing of your garbage. Don’t use it as a trash can. Before rinsing or washing, scrape plates into the garbage.
- Never put fibrous or starchy things in the garbage disposal. Always remember to avoid: peels of potato, pasta, beans, peals of bananas, tea, shells of eggs.
- Clean your drain and pipes regularly with baking soda to avoid buildup. Pour a cup baking soda into drain, if you need to, use a spatula to force it in.
- You can use the baking soda / vinegar to wash pipes and drain on a regular basis. Pour 1/2 cup baking soda into drain, if necessary, use a spatula to force it in. Pour a cup vinegar down the drain and cover the drain quickly with a drain cover to force the vinegar and baking to the clog. Hold it in place until it starts fizzing. Using boiling water to clear and flush drain.
We wish it can help prevent clogs in the kitchen sink for you with these helpful tips. Please note that you are recommended to call for professional plumber in Singapore if the issue of clogging is not able to solved by yourself.